Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Monday 13 June 2011

I went for a bike ride today...

Seems like a very basic thing to say - "I went for a bike ride today" - but the last time I was able to say that was 8 months ago!!


Eight long months ago...  That was the day last October when I was cycling home from work, on my 25km commute.  I was almost home - less than 1 km to go, when an old lady in a white Toyota Corolla didn't look as she entered a roundabout...


I remember waking up on the ground, with an ambulance paramedic talking to me. I didn't know where I was or what day it was (fail!), but I kept saying to her, "I think there's something wrong with my left shoulder - it hurts..."


Since that day, I've had two surgeries on my left shoulder - 11 screws in, then a capsular release and 9 screws out (I have two screws left in there as permanent souvenirs).  They were to fix my broken left clavicle, and the fracture to the left femoral head...


I'm still undergoing a lot of physiotherapy, as my "shoulder muscles" are still pretty wasted and weak - but I'm getting there...


Which brings me back to today's bike ride.  It was only 10-minutes long, and 2.5km.  But man, it was glorious...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment