Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Thursday 9 June 2011

Introducing Leonie...

I'm currently recovering from a serious shoulder injury.  Around 7 months ago, I was knocked off my bike by a nice old lady in a white Corolla...  :(  More on that later - but the upshot was a broken left clavicle, and fractured left femoral head. 11 screws went in, and 2 are now left as permanent souvenirs...


Today, the next step in my recovery. I met Leonie, who is my new Exercise Physiologist.  I'll be seeing her every Friday in the work gym, when she'll be making life tougher and harder for me... *yikes!*


For this first week, I have a series of 6 exercises to do - and I have to hit the gym at least 3 times. Don't tell anyone, but she has me doing bicep curls with a massive THREE KILO dumb-bell!! I guess I won't be troubling the Mr Universe titles anytime soon...  ;)


I am mainly just stoked to be doing 'real' strength training again. There is just something not very manly about using the elastic therabands from the physio...

No comments:

Post a Comment