Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Thursday 2 February 2012

January 2012 Review

Its been a fairly quiet January for me, mainly due to some shocking weather.  But first, the stats for the month:

Mileage: 308km
Weight: 85kg  (3kg loss!!)

In South-East Queensland, we have had one of the wettest January's in recorded history!  I spent a lot of days staring out the window at the pouring rain, wondering when I would get a chance to ride my bike.  I've got to say, managing to fit in 300+km in such terrible weather was a real achievement.  Its not what I was hoping for at the start of the month, but it was the best I could do with the weather situation presented to me.

That said - a lot of people suffered severe flood damage with all that rain.  Losing the chance to rack up some base mileage is pretty insignificant compared to those that lost houses, property, and personal belongings. So I'm not gonna whinge!!

The huge highlight for me was my weight loss.  I've been totally committed to getting my weight down in the first part of the year, and its working beautifully.  Three kilograms for the month is the perfect weight loss rate too, slow and steady.

My ultimate goal is to have a stable weight in the high 70's. With continued effort, I can see that happening in the next couple of months.  The hills will no longer be scary at that weight!!

So now, I'm looking forward to February.  The weather forecast is more promising, and I'm feeling good.  Next step is to set my racing goals for the season - expect a blog post on that very soon.  I'm also experimenting with some protein supplementation (nothing too serious) to assist with recovery - I'm currently using some low-carb supermarket shakes from both Musashi and Aussie Bodies, both with about 20g of protein in them. I'll report on how that seems to be going as well.

Hope everyone has a great February!!


No comments:

Post a Comment