Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Saturday 14 July 2012

June 2012 Review

I am finally back home (and online!) after a two-week road trip with my wife and kids around rural New South Wales and Queensland, including a weekend skiing in the snow at Perisher.  So I'd better get my stats recorded before I forget what I have done!!


Mileage - 412km  (2012 total so far - 2601km)
Weight - 78kg  (down 1kg for the month)


My mileage figure of 412 km isn't much, but when you consider that is only from just under two weeks of riding, I'm actually very happy with that!!  I missed the first week of June with a very bad cold.  I then had two clear weeks, culminating in the Avanti Classic 80km handicap.  Then I missed the rest of the month due to a combination of bad weather and work commitments taking me away.

So, averaging over 200km/week is something I am very proud of!!  My body handled it OK, so I know what I can work with now for my next race goal...

Weight-wise, I continue the downward trend.  I lost another kilo without really trying, which is a good thing. Its still not a focus though, I'll only be concerned if it suddenly spikes upwards...

So what's next?

Three races are ahead of me:


These are the key events I'll be doing in the next couple of months, with the Ipswich Open being the "A race" it will all be focussed upon.  Now that I;m back home, this weekend will be about planning how I'm going to roughly structure my training for the 11-week build towards Ipswich.  


Let's hope for clear skies for the next 3 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment