Am I on track?

Am I on track?

Friday 2 November 2012

October 2012 Review

Funny how the best laid plans can come unstuck by the most unexpected of events...  That ridiculous rib injury, caused by my newly-found surfing gumbiness, meant around 3 weeks off the bike. Hence my stats for the month are nowhere as I had planned...

------------------------

Mileage: 230km (2012 year-to-date: 4063km)
Weight: 78kg (1kg increase)

------------------------

My main focus now that I'm over the worst of the injury is to get back to some good, regular mileage again.  This past week has been much harder than I expected!! My legs have felt pretty sluggish, so it's obviously going to take a good 2-3 weeks before I start getting some spark back into them again.

My main mileage goal now is to crack 5000km for the year.  I have never done this before, and its a very important one for me to achieve on  a personal level.  Without too much bad luck, I should achieve this.  I'll talk more about its importance to me in a later blog-post...

The other thing I'm working towards is, of course, racing!! The Brisbane Blast is looming large on the horizon - its only a month away, and I'll have to really work hard if I'm to hit it in any sort of form.  Its also my last chance for Open racing this year, so I have plenty of motivation to get the legs into half-decent shape by then.

As always, I'm looking forward with positivity and motivation to keep up my trend of slow, gradual improvement.  I still believe I can make it onto some sort of podium before the year is out - last time I did that was a 4th place back in 2008, so its been a long time between drinks!!  But I honestly believe I am in the best shape that I've been in since my school days (oh so long ago), so some tangible cycling results can't be far off...

Happy riding everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment